Honey Ginger Shots Ingredients
To make these refreshing wellness-boosting shots, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Fresh ginger root: Using fresh ginger is essential in this recipe, so dont swap it out for the ground form. Ginger root is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a fantastic and flavorful addition to any wellness shot.
- Fresh lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, and is known for its cleansing abilities on the digestive system and liver. It also boosts energy levels, which is why many people add lemon juice to their water in the morning.
- Coconut water : This adds a subtle sweetness that acts as a brilliant contrast to strong flavors like ginger and lemon juice. Additionally, coconut water is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Honey: I like to use Manuka honey for its extra healing benefits, but any minimally processed honey works. Honey contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties that help to support the digestive system and boost immunity in the body.
- Turmeric : Turmeric adds even more anti-inflammatory properties to your ginger shots. It also aids digestion and has high antioxidant power.
- Cayenne pepper : This ingredient packs a definite flavor punch, which is why we only use it in small amounts. Cayenne pepper is great for boosting your metabolism and supporting digestive health. However, its optional, so feel free to leave it out if you arent a fan.
How To Store Turmeric Tea
This recipe for immune boosting turmeric tea will make enough for five cups, you can keep the tea at room temperature in a covered pot or vessel, or stash it in the fridge for 3 days. Its a good idea to strain the tea after you make it otherwise the flavor gets really strong, which I actually dont mind!
Its best to not drink this tea on an empty stomach. If pregnant, only drink 3 times per week.
Check out other recipes that have turmeric:
How Do These Ingredients Help Improve Your Immune System
Lets say winters just set in and youve already been sick. Or perhaps youre missing work every month because of a cold. In severe cases, you may have had to spend a whole week in bed due to illness. If you recognize any of these scenarios, you may be suffering from a weakened immune system.
The cold virus and other pathogens are present in more places than you might think. Whats more, they will attach themselves to to any organism that welcomes them. Their survival depends on it. If your immune system isnt even putting up a fight, then you become easy prey for these villains.
Thankfully, its possible to improve your immune system and get it back to an optimal state. In order to do this, you have to engage in a healthy routine with good habits. Nutrition is definitely a good place to start. You can start to improve your immune system with this tea made of ginger, lemon, and honey every day.
Each of these ingredients contains many health benefits even on their own. Lemon contains powerful antioxidants and its rich in vitamins. It also has properties that fight bacteria and cleanse toxins. Honey has some antibacterial properties that can help kill bad germs. Last but not least, ginger has multiple properties to address various illnesses. Some experts have also found that it is a decongestant that can contribute to clearer nasal cavities.
Read Also: Life Cycle Of Honey Bees
How To Take This Immunity Boosting Tonic Recipe
How To Make Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
You can start off with green tea base and steep in ginger and lemon in it. Or boil water and steep grated or chopped ginger and lemon slices for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Bring water to rapid boil. While water boils, grate or slice ginger.
Turn off heat, add ginger to water. Cover and let it steep.
Note: I prefer not to add lemon to hot water as it turns bitter. I always add lemon slices after tea is steeped and just when serving.
You can add slices of lemon along with ginger if you dont mind slightly bitter tea.
Once the tea has steeped, filter it out to remove all ginger and lemon slices.
Squeeze in lemon juice into serving cups, pour tea, add organic honey as per your taste.
Stir with cinnamon stick to get hint of cinnamon flavor in the tea.
Serve warm with lemon slice and fresh mint leaves.
You could also pour in raw honey and lemon juice to steeped tea. Stir in. Pour the whole thing into thermos and sip it all day long.
Don’t Miss: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Mousse
When Should You Drink Ginger Shot
For full benefits, ginger shots are best when taken once a day, first thing in the morning, and on an empty stomach. It is strongly recommended that they be consumed in limited quantities, because they may cause heartburn and stomach acidity. It can be said of ginger shots that more is not necessarily better.
I Told You That This Lemon Ginger Honey Trio Is An Unusual Recipe Its A Real Magic Formula
I have a jar with my favorite Ginger Lemon Honey mixture in the fridge every winter. I add this kind of jam to tea and it works a miracle with it! It enriches tea not only with an interesting exquisite taste, but also with an excellent aroma and color. It turns out the most delicious ginger lemon honey tea. If you dont like tea, no problem â add the mixture to plain water and it will turn into a delicious drink with a spicy character.
I wish you delicious tea parties, family comfort, a cheerful mood and strong immunity!
Don’t Miss: Honey Almond Cold Brew Starbucks
What Are Ginger Shots Made Of
In India and China, it has long been understood that ginger has a lot of beneficial medicinal applications. Among those are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is believed to improve so many bodily functions including the brain and heart.
It is also widely used to treat a variety of digestive issues, such as nausea, while helping to fight colds and flu. Beyond that, it may even lower blood sugar levels when we incorporate it in our diet.
Due to the high Vitamin C content of fresh lemon, it is a natural boost for your immune system. It is also believed to contain a number of antioxidants that cleans and detoxify your liver and digestive system.
Beyond those benefits, lemon juice may also aid in balancing your bodyâs pH level. It brings antibacterial and antiviral properties to the table, making it not only a beneficial ingredient, but a flavorful one.
Beyond tempering the heat and intense flavor of the ginger and lemon, honey contains amazing properties that help to boost immunity & fight infection. It also improves the digestive system as a natural cleanser. This is a real benefit to ginger shots.
In this recipe I recommend Manuka honey because it offers the best antibacterial/antiviral and antioxidant properties. Manuka honey is simply honey derived from the bees that feed on the manuka plant, which are found in New Zealand.
Boost Your Omega 3s With Udos Oil 369 Blend
Udos Oil from Flora is an amazingly healthy and delicious plant-based superfood oil to keep on hand, with the right ratio of essential fatty acids!
Besides using it in these immune shots and smoothies, its great for salad dressings, pesto, drizzled-over soups, dips, and hummus. You can also mix it with your favorite herbs and spices for dipping bread or veggies.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Knoxville Tn
What If You Dont Have An Essential Oil Diffuser
You can still get the relaxing benefits of aromatherapy! We add 30 drops of NOW® Peaceful Sleep Essential Oil to 1 ounce of water in a spray bottle. We spritz this into the air about half an hour before bed and it definitely brings on the calm! It includes a mix of soothing oils, including lavender oil. It has a calming floral citrus scent. Tammys daughter holds the opened bottle below her nose before going to sleep.
We like NOW because we trust the brand and the oils are pure, have not been diluted, processed or manipulated in any way with solvents or other additives. NOWs quality Assurance and quality control is phenomenal. Theyre committed to giving the most pure and potent oils.
We also use NOWs Natures Shield for its purifying properties. It contains a mix of oils, including eucalyptus and has a sweet and invigorating scent. .
Our Handcrafted Ginger Elixirs
ImmuneSchein’s Classic Ginger Elixircontains just these three powerful ingredientsorganic lemon juice, organic ginger root, and wildflower honey. With our ImmuneSchein Ginger Elixirs, weve done the chopping, slicing, cutting, and preparation for youso all you have to do is add the elixir into hot water for a tea, cold water for a lemonade, sparkling water for a ginger ale, or even add with apple cider vinegar to create your own fire cider, which we refer to as Fire Schein here.
The flexibility of our elixirs allows you to create many differentrecipesfor drinks, cocktails, mocktails, cooking, baking, and more. With digestion-enhancing ginger,detoxifying lemon, and weight-loss promoting honey, this powerful drink is sure to kick start your day.
You May Like: Honey In The Rock Scripture
If Youve Never Tried A Ginger Shot Before You May Want To Brace Yourself For A Spicy Kick
For anyone looking to cut back on their morning caffeine fix, these wellness shots are the perfect way of starting off your day with an instant rush of energyno caffeine required. However, you can definitely have one before your morning coffee if that works best for you.
I can personally attest to the fact that my days are infinitely more productive when I start off with one of these Honey Ginger Shots.
Each ingredient in these shots is carefully selected for maximum ROI. In this case, the investment is your willingness to take a chance on a bold concoction and the return is, in my opinion, well worth it!
Ginger and lemon work together to cleanse the body and provide energy, coconut water is loaded with antioxidants, and cayenne pepper boosts the metabolism and supports the digestive system.
And the honey, you ask? Well, in addition to providing the body with essential vitamins and minerals, it also sweetens the shots so they taste way better.
Now that Ive piqued your curiosity, lets get into the good stuff.
For This Recipe You Will Need:
- Ginger: use fresh ginger for maximum flavor and it is also a great digestive and anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Honey: local or raw honey are my first choices and you can usually find them at your farmers markets or local grocery store
- Lemon Juice: I recommend using fresh lemon juice
- Turmeric: I used turmeric spice, which is a a great anti-inflammatory ingredient and you can always add in a sprinkle of black pepper to help activate the turmeric
You May Like: Where To Buy Royal Honey
A Few Notes On The Recipe
- I always make a large batch of immunity shots, so that I can flash freeze it and thaw, as needed. Feel free to scale yours, to make smaller amounts.
- Ideally, the ratio of ginger juice to lemon juice should be 1:1. Simply juice your ginger first to see how much it yields and then add the correct amount of lemon juice, accordingly.
Home Remedies For Cold And Flu
In winters past, I hit the drugstore to load up on medicine and cough drops when my annual cold hit… yet I never felt better using them. They tasted gross and I woke up feeling even worse. That’s when I decided there had to be a better waysomething that was natural and made to heal the body.
Seven years ago, I went on my own wellness warrior journey to discover the best home remedies for cough. Since I learned about so many incredible remedies, I created a whole medicine cabinet of plant based cures. Read on for a few of my tried and true favs:
- Elderberry syrup: can be taken daily, and taken multiple times a day when experiencing cold or flue symptoms. And when you can make a medicinal syrup into popsicles, I’m 100% here for it.
- Rawkstar fire cider: while this tonic is not for the faint of heart, it does wonders in limiting the life of a cold or the flu, and helps to strengthen the immune system along the way. This is one home remedy that’ll scare the cough right out of ya!
- Homemade vapor rub: this is a perfect natural remedy for cough + decongestant. Use it on the chest, as well as the feet to soothe.
- Ginger lemon honey tea- The recipe below has a whole host of benefits, just like the others on this list. I love this recipe for allergies, when I feel any kind of sickness coming on, or if I’m in the middle of a full blown cold.
Recommended Reading: Nearest Honey Baked Ham Store
Why I Believe In Natural Remedies
As the weather gets windier and colder, flu and cold season kicks into gear. I get a little obsessive wiping down the shopping cart like crazy, washing my hands numerous times a day, as well as gulping down my immune boosting green smoothies.
Yet no matter what I do, I get one cold every year. That’s why I’ve come to rely on my home remedies for cough. I’ve used them for years, so I know that they work for me. Many store-bought treatments contain harmful food dyes, processed sugar, along with other chemicals. If I’m not willing to eat those on the regular, then why would I turn to them when my immune system is down?! The whole food, plant based ingredients used in these home remedies for sore throat and cough are often cheaper, and are definitely healthier than over the counter meds. They also have natural healing properties.
How To Make Spiced Immune Booster Honey
- 1Start by quartering a lemon, picking out all the seeds and then slice thinly
- 2In a 16oz wide-mouth mason jar, pour half the bottle Raw Local Honey
- 3Add ginger, clove, and cinnamon, stir well
- 4Add lemon slices to jar, top with the rest of the honey and stir again, mashing the lemons slightly
- 5Add cinnamon sticks, put the lid on tight and shake a bit to fully mix
- 6Keep in fridge. Have a spoonful a day to help boost your immune system. I like to add about 3T to a mug of green tea
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
- Printable Recipe Card
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Frederick Md
Bottled Lemon Juice Vs Fresh Lemons
I admit it. I have a bottle of lemon juice in my refrigerator. Maybe you do too. But is it really the same as juice freshly squeezed from a lemon? The answer is NO.
I can’t tell the taste difference between the two in a recipe, but in a tea like this, I can definitely taste the difference.
The health benefits are diminished in the jarred version, and preservatives are typically added. Since this tea is all about immunity boosting health benefits, and it only takes a minute to slice off a wedge of lemon and give it a squeeze, use fresh lemon in this recipe.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products and foods I use in my kitchen. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. To view my entire storefront of recommended kitchen tools and equipment, check out .
One Tablespoon Of Udos Oil Provides
- 6 grams of omega-3 fatty acids
- 3 grams of omega-6 fatty acids
- 2.5 grams of omega-9 fatty acids.
To learn more about the benefits of Udos Oil, read our full review here.
Made with all sustainable ingredients, Udos Oil 3·6·9 Blend comes in 8.5, 17, and 32-ounce bottles.
For these shots, start with 1 teaspoon of oil per serving . You may increase as tolerated.
Don’t Miss: Honey To Make You Hard
Ginger Lemon Honey Mixture Is A Treasure
No, its like three treasures in one! If you are looking for an immunity booster recipe, this Ginger Lemon Honey trio is exactly what you need.
Honey. Bees are highly intelligent creatures and would never be satisfied with some ordinary sweet mixture. Instead, they created a highly nutritious product rich in vitamins, trace elements, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes. But this is only in the case of real natural honey, forget about the store-bought non-aromatic, almost transparent sticky liquid, which is called honey.
Ginger. This bizarrely shaped South Asian root has long been used around the world and has become a favorite spice for savory and sweet food lovers. Everyone knows about the benefits of ginger too. The Chinese added it to tea two and a half thousand years ago and treated colds in this way. Ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves the digestive system, increases immunity, protects you from excess cholesterol and glucose in the blood, improves appetite . Ginger is a natural aphrodisiac . In short, ginger has a full range of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, which is why it was classified as a âsuperfoodâ.